So this was the first full weekend we had in China. I had a business trip to go on to Nanjing for a potential project. I was still feeling pretty sick Friday at work so I had to skip out on all the fun festivities that took place Friday night. Instead, I pretty much went straight to bed after work then went to the gym later on to try and clear up my lungs in the steam room.
I left for Nanjing (South China) on Saturday morning with Jian wei and Yong from my studio. The flight was a little less than 2 hours. We met with the clients in the Nanjing Olympic venue (which was finished in 2005 for the 10th annual Chinese National Games). After the meeting and dinner (and many swigs of their "special" high percent wine) it was time to head to the hotel and check out the old historic district. It was very nice and pedestrian oriented. With many colorful lights and nightlife, it was definitely a cool city.
We stayed the night in downtown Nanjing and then it was myself and Yong who explored the city Sunday morning (04.12.09). We started the morning off by having steamed dumplings and spring rolls and then were on our way to check out Zhongshan Scenic park before heading back to the Airport. It was an amazing park with many large trees and historic scenery to see including the tomb of the ming dynasty. In the photos it looks like there were about a million steps, but it wasn't too bad to climb up. Once we were at the top, the scenic view was pretty amazing (definitely helped show how much smog was in the air!).
Anyway, as for the first business trip I was a little worried since I was under the weather, but it all turned out pretty well. I learned that Air China is decent and serves a meal with their flights and that Beijing airport is even bigger than i thought it was when i first arrived. It was awesome traveling around with Yong. He really knows his history and his English is very good. Hopefully we will hear good news from our meeting and we will get the project. So, we will wait and see!
It was nice to come home earlier this afternoon so I could relax and get some things ready for the work week. It was nice to see the crew back at the apartment as well. Now, if i could just get over my allergies and whatever else I have so I can enjoy next weekend!

Wow! shawn, that is an incredible city!! i am quite impressed....and truly amazed at how i miss traveling to china. maybe if brian can get more than 2 days of vacation... :)
ReplyDeletelove the profile picture too. go orlando.
oh, and i think that may be my favorite misinterpreted chinese sign ever.