Monday, April 20, 2009

Do you have Fever? 04.20.09

This was the question of yesterday. Nicole, Greg, and I went out to the Ya show Clothing Market yesterday afternoon to do a little bartering. They had been the week before but it was my first time, so I was going to see how I would fair in my first attempt. I would have to say it is one of the funnest things to do. It was fun talking down from 300rmb to 30rmb. I got a pretty sweet knock off Ralph Lauren Polo for 30rmb ($4.30). Pretty much I got a couple shirts, ties, and a little bag for 20 bucks. I could have probably gotten them for a little cheaper, but it was my first attempt. The ladies kept telling me I was very stubborn and very tough. The icing on the cake was when one of the ladies screamed "do you have fever"... I told her maybe and she felt my forehead.

I will definitely be heading back for more. We wrapped our shopping experience up with a nice upper body massage (yes another one) and a trip to buy a few DVD's for the apt. The work week has begun and we are beginning to plan our next few weekends so who knows what is in store. I've also attached a few additional photos from this weekend.
Breakfast of round foods
an Aaron Davis special (gazing?)
trying to figure out what Jianwei is capturing

Lunch (chicken) - Can you find the feet?

2 comments:

  1. Did you have fever? Hope you're feeling better. 鸡爪期待的食欲。

    ReplyDelete
  2. feet?? ugh.

    i love the gazing picture and i think jianwei is taking a picture of aaron's ear. is that round dim sum?? brian and i tried to order some when i was there, but they gave us a chinese menu and we guessed and didn't actually pick any. on the way out we found that they had english menus....

    ReplyDelete